ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Bursary awards will be granted to students within ALL fields of study, who pursue their studies at a FET College, N1 – N6 qualification and certain practical courses.>
The bursary award will cover the cost of registration fees and course fees only.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- 25 years of age or younger
- Completed Grade 10 Science and Mathematics (minimum)
- Currently studying or intend on studying on a full-time basis at an FET College,
- Studying currently in college, much have achieved a minimum average of 50% for all exams and tests completed.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the African Scholars Fund Bursary Application Form (pdf).
The following documents must be submitted with your application form:
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric report/ certificate (certified copy of)
- If in college: prior college exam statements of results
- If in college: current class test results
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips/ pension receipts/ affidavit if unemployed/ death certificate if deceased)
- Motivational letter about why you deserve the bursary and your household circumstances (in applicants handwriting)
- Stamped and self-addressed envelope
Complete application forms and documents must be submitted via post to:
PO Box 294
(No faxed or emailed applications will be considered).
First semester: 31 October 2019.
Second semester: 31 May 2019.
First trimester: 31 October 2019.
Second trimester: 31 March 2019.
Third trimester: 31 July 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact African Scholars’ Fund directly:
Contact Person: Asanda Gigaba (TVET Bursary Manager)
Tel: 021 689 9094/ 021 689 9431
Fax: 021 689 9240
Government internship and bursary opportunities
Eastern Cape Department of Health EMS Call Centre Graduate / Learnership opportunities for 2020 / 2021
City of Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality unemployed youth Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
Limpopo Department of Public Works, Roads and Infrastructure Bursary / Scholarship Programme 2021
Midvaal Local Municipality Financial Management Internship Programme for financial year 2020 / 2021
Department of Social Development Graduate / Internship Programme 2020
Frances Baard District Municipality Graduate / Internship Programme 2020
Overstrand Municipality Finance Internships Programme for financial year 2020
The National Department of Basic Education is calling all unemployed qualified Educators to register on the National Unemployed Educators Database.
Internships and Scholarships 2020
Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute: Implementation Science Internships 2020
Coastal KZN TVET College Graduate / Internship opportunities for 2020.
VUT Nurturing Emerging Scholars Programme Internships Programme 2020.
South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) Thuthuka Bursary Fund (TBF) / Scholarship Programme 2021
Maersk invites unemployed youth to apply for Youth Employment Service Programme 2020
Mpumalanga DPWRT: Internship Opportunities 2020 / 2021
Mpumalanga Department of Public Works, Roads and Transport (DPWRT) is offering Graduate / Internship opportunities for 2020 / 2021.
Closing Date: 17 July 2020
Duration: 12 Months
Stipend: R6084.00 monthly
Below are the existing opportunities in the various offices across the province, Bohlabela, Ehlanzeni, Gert Sibande and Nkangala District Offices as well as Head Office and Cost Centres.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted on form Z83 obtained at any Government Department or you can download it here.Under reference number write the Reference Unit of the post applying for.
Applications must be addressed to:
Head: Public Works, Roads & Transport
Private Bag x11310
Head office Mbombela, Riverside Government Complex
Building number 9
Main Entrance Gate.
- Head Office : Ms BP Mbuyane – 013 766 6468 and Ms BM Marule – 013 766 8220
- Bohlabela District Office (Thulamahashe): Mr SW Molamudi – 013 773 0334
- Ehlanzeni District Office (Mbombela): Mr GM Mashile – 013 762 6067
- Nkangala District Office (KwaMhlanga): Ms MG Mabena – 013 947 2593
- Gert Sibande District Office (Ermelo) : Mr HP Mkhonza – 017 801 4000 or 017 801 5600.
Closing date and time: 17 July, 2020 at 16:00.
“Note: Communication will be restricted to the short listed candidates only. Should you not hear from the Department within three months from the closing date of this advertisement, consider your application unsuccessful”
Western Cape Dept of Transport Masakh’iSizwe Scholarship / Bursary opportunities for 2020.
SMEC Engineering Graduate / Internship Programme for 2020
PSG Internship Programme for 2021.
NSFAS3 days ago
NSFAS 2021 applications now open
Bursaries2 weeks ago
Government internship and bursary opportunities
HIGHER EDUCATION1 week ago
Higher Education sets up mental health helpline for students
Universities2 days ago
DHET releases policy framework to tackle GBV at PSET institutions
Universities1 day ago
UCT’s academic programme to support South African youth
Sports8 hours ago
Celebrating SA’s young women in sports