ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Sasol will be awarding bursaries to deserving studies within the following fields of study:
- Chemical Engineering (BSc/ BEng)
- Civil Engineering (BSc/ BEng)
- Electrical Engineering (BSc/ BEng)
- Electronic Engineering (BSc/ BEng)
- Industrial Engineering (BSc/ BEng)
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc/ BEng)
- Mining Engineering (BSc/ BEng)
- Chemistry (Masters compulsory) (BSc)
- Geology (Hons compulsory) (BSc)
- Metallurgy (Hons compulsory) (BSc)
University of Technology studies:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mine Surveying
- Process Instrumentation
- Chemistry (Masters/ PhD)
- Chemical Engineering (Masters/ PhD)
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary will provide full cover for the following expenses for undergraduate students: registration fees, tuition fees, exam fees, accommodation (of a single room in university residence/ equal amount to stay in other accommodation), meal allowance and an allowance for books and pocket money (approximately R12 000 per annum).
Postgraduate students will receive an allowance of approximately R10 000 per month over the duration of their studies (24 months Masters Degree and 36 months PhD degree).
Once students have completed their studies and graduated, they will be required to enter a service-binding contract (work back obligation) with the Sasol Group – the duration of employment will be equal to the duration of funding received.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION PROCESS
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited to attend an interview – this will be done telephonically and via written correspondence by 31 May 2019 at the latest.
Interviews will be held during the June/July school holidays, whereby candidates will be assessed by psychometric tests and a structured panel interview.
Notification of the outcome will be communicated by 31 August 2019 at the latest.
Bursaries will be awarded for 2020 studies (no funding will be provided for outstanding study debt).
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric or currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full-time studies within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend at an accredited University or University of Technology in South Africa
- Current Matric students: must have achieved the following minimum results: 70% (level 6) for Mathematics, 70% (level 6) for Science, 50% (level 5) for English
- Current University of Technology students: must have achieved the following minimum results: level 5 for Mathematics, level 5 for Science, level 5 for English
- Current University students: must have passed all subjects for the period of study already completed
- Students with disabilities are welcome to apply
- Genuinely interested in following a career in your chosen field of study
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online by following these instructions:
1) Register an account here: https://sasolbursaries.com/registerh
2) Login here: https://sasolbursaries.com/login.
3) Fill in all the fields of the application form honestly
4) Attach the list of documents as listed below
(For further details on how to apply, visit: https://sasolbursaries.com/how-do-i-apply)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation on your online application profile (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of registration/ acceptance to study at a tertiary institute
- Proof of disability, if applicable
- Postgraduate students: research project proposal and summary of proposed project
30 April 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Sasol directly:
Tel: 0860 106 235
Email: Berlyne.Rasool@adcorpgroup.com / Berlyner@quest.co.za
Government internship and bursary opportunities
Eastern Cape Department of Health EMS Call Centre Graduate / Learnership opportunities for 2020 / 2021
City of Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality unemployed youth Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
Limpopo Department of Public Works, Roads and Infrastructure Bursary / Scholarship Programme 2021
Midvaal Local Municipality Financial Management Internship Programme for financial year 2020 / 2021
Department of Social Development Graduate / Internship Programme 2020
Frances Baard District Municipality Graduate / Internship Programme 2020
Overstrand Municipality Finance Internships Programme for financial year 2020
The National Department of Basic Education is calling all unemployed qualified Educators to register on the National Unemployed Educators Database.
Internships and Scholarships 2020
Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute: Implementation Science Internships 2020
Coastal KZN TVET College Graduate / Internship opportunities for 2020.
VUT Nurturing Emerging Scholars Programme Internships Programme 2020.
South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) Thuthuka Bursary Fund (TBF) / Scholarship Programme 2021
Maersk invites unemployed youth to apply for Youth Employment Service Programme 2020
Mpumalanga DPWRT: Internship Opportunities 2020 / 2021
Mpumalanga Department of Public Works, Roads and Transport (DPWRT) is offering Graduate / Internship opportunities for 2020 / 2021.
Closing Date: 17 July 2020
Duration: 12 Months
Stipend: R6084.00 monthly
Below are the existing opportunities in the various offices across the province, Bohlabela, Ehlanzeni, Gert Sibande and Nkangala District Offices as well as Head Office and Cost Centres.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted on form Z83 obtained at any Government Department or you can download it here.Under reference number write the Reference Unit of the post applying for.
Applications must be addressed to:
Head: Public Works, Roads & Transport
Private Bag x11310
Head office Mbombela, Riverside Government Complex
Building number 9
Main Entrance Gate.
- Head Office : Ms BP Mbuyane – 013 766 6468 and Ms BM Marule – 013 766 8220
- Bohlabela District Office (Thulamahashe): Mr SW Molamudi – 013 773 0334
- Ehlanzeni District Office (Mbombela): Mr GM Mashile – 013 762 6067
- Nkangala District Office (KwaMhlanga): Ms MG Mabena – 013 947 2593
- Gert Sibande District Office (Ermelo) : Mr HP Mkhonza – 017 801 4000 or 017 801 5600.
Closing date and time: 17 July, 2020 at 16:00.
“Note: Communication will be restricted to the short listed candidates only. Should you not hear from the Department within three months from the closing date of this advertisement, consider your application unsuccessful”
Western Cape Dept of Transport Masakh’iSizwe Scholarship / Bursary opportunities for 2020.
SMEC Engineering Graduate / Internship Programme for 2020
PSG Internship Programme for 2021.
NSFAS4 days ago
NSFAS 2021 applications now open
Bursaries2 weeks ago
Government internship and bursary opportunities
HIGHER EDUCATION1 week ago
Higher Education sets up mental health helpline for students
Universities2 days ago
DHET releases policy framework to tackle GBV at PSET institutions
Universities2 days ago
UCT’s academic programme to support South African youth
Sports16 hours ago
Celebrating SA’s young women in sports